REPORTS TO: DC Manager
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF FUNCTION:
The Leader serves as a liaison to the Supervisor/Coach of the DC by ensuring their designated picking/shipping team meets all safety, quality, and housekeeping standards as well as production targets. They must ensure that the personnel are trained to follow safety guidelines, work properly and assist with ensuring the DC remains organized.
- Must ensure employees understand order picking, packing & shipping processes. Must identify quality issues and address as needed.
- Ensures all newly hired employees be trained according to the New Hire Employee Training Matrix within their first ninety days of employment. This training includes but is not limited to Job Hazard Analysis, safety policies and procedures, quality processes and procedures.
- Assist with ensuring that production output targets are met daily.
- Any unresolved issues or issues that the shipping Leader cannot deal with must be communicated to the Supervisor/Coach in an effort to correct the situation.
- Adheres to all company rules regarding attendance, remaining at the workplace and various policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Ensures that all personnel are correctly assigned to their zones at all times and that there is no delay or confusion about who goes where and when.
- Operates as a “back-fill” or “fill-in” should an operator need to leave the processing area for any given reason ( pick orders, help in other areas of DC)
- Manages the picking & shipping area and employees within to ensure product is being shipped according to the daily plan.
- Ensures operators remain at assigned work zones and continue to work until designated break & lunch times.
- Ensures parts are accurate and labeled accordingly.
- Must notify Supervisor/Coach when equipment, machines or scan guns are down.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Must ensure that personnel adhere to safety standards and wear the correct PPE as specified for the given job function.
- Encourages good housekeeping standards in the section as continuous improvement is essential.
- Ensures employees receive a copy of the Job Hazard Analysis for any new machines they are operating and sign off for such.
Quality and Reliability
- Ensure pallet are being stack at correct height.
- Ensure aisles are cleared of damaged boxes daily.
- Ensure safety items are checked off weekly.
- Ensure parts shipped are properly stacked to prevent damage during shipping.
- Ensure that all product leaving has correct labeling. ( Do quality checks daily )
- Will be trained to process, package & ship orders.
- Will be trained on the material handling equipment needed to do the job.
- Will be expected to train newly hired employees per the Training Matrix Procedure.
- Will be trained in communication and leadership skills.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
Ability to correctly follow and give instructions.
Ability to communicate with and work with Team Peers in an acceptable manner.
Performs job tasks in a safe manner and enforce proper PPE.
Adhere to company attendance rules.
Must comply with plant rules and policies.
Ability to work consistently without constant management.
Assists with continuously improving the section.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Possesses requisite math, writing, reading and communication skills.
Must demonstrate proper understanding of the tasks involved herein.
Must be familiar with data entry and verification.
Ability and willingness to be cross-trained into other positions.
Must be well presented and have a good work ethic.
Must understand how to work within set policies and procedures.
Must be well organized and demonstrate good housekeeping.
Must be able to manage Teams.
Must be able to delegate, but follow up continuously.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Distribution Center / Warehouse Environment
DC = 95% of time used
Standing/Walking = 100%
Lifting = Some up to 50 lbs
Pushing/Pulling = Some
Condition and % of time -
Summer Heat = 50%
Winter Cold = 50%
Noise = 100%
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
There are 3 ways to apply for this position. Choose One.
- Online: Fill out this online application. APPLY NOW
- Email: Send Your Resume or Download Application, fill out, and email as an attachment to HRRecruiter@apexhaust.com with the Position Title on the Subject line of the email.
- In Person: Pick Up and Drop Off completed application with Security Guard at the front gate.
We are located at:
AP Exhaust Technologies
300 Dixie Trail
Goldsboro, NC 27530