TITLE: Machine Operator 1
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor / Coach
JOB LEVEL / FLSA: Non-Exempt
WORK AREAS: Sub-Assembly, Converters, Banding, CVT Stuff Operator, Packaging, Seam Weld Operator
EQUIPMENT: Machinery, hand tools, measuring devices, computer
Machine Operator 1 will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned machinery used to fabricate, monitor, manufacture, and assemble products. The operator will perform basic preventive maintenance on assigned machines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
- Perform basic measurements, using hand tools such as ruler and tape measure.
- Periodically check quantities and ensure the quality and accuracy of pieces.
- May occasionally make minors adjustment to the machine.
- Report existing or potential machine problems to a supervisor or coach.
- Demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EXPERTISE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma/GED (preferred)
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment or as a machine operator (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work, and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Must be able to focus on the task at hand and pay attention to details.
- Must know or learn Lockout-Tagout procedure.
- Must learn DataFlow system (or equivalent ERP) in the functional area.
- Ability to meet production and scrap standards.
- Must know basic math such as addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- Rotate to other functional areas as needed.
- Must possess basic computer skills and reading skills.
- Must demonstrate light mechanical aptitude.
- Team-oriented and self-directed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must adhere to safety standards and wear the correct PPE as specified for the job, inclusive of steel toed shoes and warehouse vests.
- Repetitive work and long periods of standing, bending, twisting or lifting, need mental and physical stamina and strength.
- Must be able to lift, load, unload, push, and pull parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work hours as assigned, with the probability of overtime during the week and on Saturdays.
- Must be able to work in the summer heat and winter cold.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
AP Emissions Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law for an individual who falls within the jurisdiction of such law. Applicants who require an accommodation throughout the application and interview process should request this in advance by contacting AP Emissions Technologies at 919-580-2000.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
There are 3 ways to apply for this position. Choose One.
- Online: Fill out this online application. APPLY NOW
- Email: Send Your Resume or Download Application, fill out, and email as an attachment to HRRecruiter@apexhaust.com with the Position Title on the Subject line of the email.
- In Person: Pick Up and Drop Off completed application with Security Guard at the front gate.
We are located at:
AP Exhaust Technologies
300 Dixie Trail
Goldsboro, NC 27530