TITLE: Material Handler / Kitter – Plant
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor
JOB LEVEL / FLSA: Non-Exempt
AREA: Production Floor
EQUIPMENT: Forklift, scan gun, computer
The Material Handler on the production floor is responsible for distributing materials, products, parts, and supplies to cross-functional departments.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and deliver production material and parts in a manufacturing plant to meet production schedules.
- Move materials and supplies to designated areas/ places through the production floor.
- Responsible for accurate inventory control using scan barcode gun to correctly enter transfers and moves.
- Count and record number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Report any quality and quantity concern to the Coach and team leader.
- Meet or exceed set production targets where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EXPERTISE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- 1 or 2 years of experience driving Forklift (preferred)
- Ability to operate assigned equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload effectively work without direct daily supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work, and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to, adding, subtracting, and multiplication.
- Must possess basic computer skills and reading skills.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
- Ability to meet production and scrap standards.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must adhere to safety standards and wear the correct PPE as specified for the job, inclusive of steel toed shoes and warehouse vests.
- Repetitive work and long periods of standing, bending, twisting or lifting, need mental and physical stamina and strength.
- Must be able to lift, load, unload, push, and pull parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work hours as assigned, with the probability of overtime during the week and on Saturdays.
- Must be able to work in the summer heat and winter cold.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
AP Emissions Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law for an individual who falls within the jurisdiction of such law. Applicants who require an accommodation throughout the application and interview process should request this in advance by contacting AP Emissions Technologies at 919-580-2000.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
There are 3 ways to apply for this position. Choose One.
- Online: Fill out this online application. APPLY NOW
- Email: Send Your Resume or Download Application, fill out, and email as an attachment to HRRecruiter@apexhaust.com with the Position Title on the Subject line of the email.
- In Person: Pick Up and Drop Off completed application with Security Guard at the front gate.
We are located at:
AP Exhaust Technologies
300 Dixie Trail
Goldsboro, NC 27530