TITLE: Picker 1
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor
JOB LEVEL / FLSA: Non-Exempt
WORK AREAS: Distribution Center
EQUIPMENT: Pallet Jack, Scan Gun
This is a warehouse position responsible for picking products in the warehouse and delivering orders to the dock for shipping.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accurately pulling/picking products from warehouse bins for shipping using RF scanner (training provided).
- Picks orders in orderly and safe manner.
- Maintains daily production logs
- May add labels to orders
- Demonstrates good housekeeping and contributes to warehouse cleanliness
- Other duties assigned
EXPERIENCE, EXPERTISE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred).
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in a warehouse environment (preferred)
- Ability to operate assigned equipment
- Must be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing product numbers and line codes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work, and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, and multiplication.
- Attention to detail job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to cross train in different areas of DC.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must adhere to safety standards and wear the correct PPE as specified for the job, inclusive of steel toed shoes and warehouse vests.
- Repetitive work and long periods of standing, bending, twisting or lifting, need mental and physical stamina and strength.
- Must be able to lift, load, unload, push, and pull parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work hours as assigned, with the probability of overtime during the week and on Saturdays.
- Must be able to work in the summer heat and winter cold.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
AP Emissions Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law for an individual who falls within the jurisdiction of such law. Applicants who require an accommodation throughout the application and interview process should request this in advance by contacting AP Emissions Technologies at 919-580-2000.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
There are 3 ways to apply for this position. Choose One.
- Online: Fill out this online application. APPLY NOW
- Email: Send Your Resume or Download Application, fill out, and email as an attachment to HRRecruiter@apexhaust.com with the Position Title on the Subject line of the email.
- In Person: Pick Up and Drop Off completed application with Security Guard at the front gate.
We are located at:
AP Exhaust Technologies
300 Dixie Trail
Goldsboro, NC 27530