TITLE: Set-Up Operator 1
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor or Coach
JOB LEVEL / FLSA: Non-Exempt
WORK AREAS: Sub-Assembly Setup, Secondary Press Setup, Dynacut Setup, and Nipple Line, Final Assembly, Niagra Setup, Bullet Nose Setup
EQUIPMENT: Machinery, computer, hand tools, calculator, measuring tools
The Set-Up Operator 1 is responsible for following established procedures and guidelines and for the basic set-up, inspection and functioning of production machinery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform simple setups and machine adjustments according to job orders.
- Review operation sheets to determine parts or assemblies to be processed.
- Ensure gauges, valves, water levels, and lubricants are set to the proper parameters.
- Verifies the quality of products based on approved specifications.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
- Performs more detailed tasks requiring moderate knowledge and experience in the specified processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EXPERTISE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- Must have 1 to 3 years of proven experience in setting up machinery. (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work, and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints and technical documents commensurate with machine operation.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workday with minimum supervision.
- Must know and understand basic product specifications, such as dimensions, measurements, tolerances, and tooling instructions.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversions.
- Must know DataFlo (or equivalent ERP) system to pull and enter data.
- Throughout understanding and use of machine tooling.
- Must ensure that all safety checks are done.
- Demonstrate moderate mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer and reading skills.
- Must know Lockout-tag out procedure.
- Ability to meet production and scrap standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, strong work ethics and communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must adhere to safety standards and wear the correct PPE as specified for the job, inclusive of steel toed shoes and hearing protection.
- Repetitive work and long periods of standing, bending, twisting or lifting, need physical stamina and strength.
- Must be able to lift, load, unload, push, and pull parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Hours as assigned with the probability of overtime during the week and on Saturday.
- Must be able to work in summer heat and winter cold.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
AP Emissions Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law for an individual who falls within the jurisdiction of such law. Applicants who require an accommodation throughout the application and interview process should request this in advance by contacting AP Emissions Technologies at 919-580-2000.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
There are 3 ways to apply for this position. Choose One.
- Online: Fill out this online application. APPLY NOW
- Email: Send Your Resume or Download Application, fill out, and email as an attachment to HRRecruiter@apexhaust.com with the Position Title on the Subject line of the email.
- In Person: Pick Up and Drop Off completed application with Security Guard at the front gate.
We are located at:
AP Exhaust Technologies
300 Dixie Trail
Goldsboro, NC 27530