TITLE: Welder - Level 2
REPORTS TO: Coach / Department Supervisor
JOB LEVEL / FLSA: Non-Exempt
WORK AREAS: Muffler Weld, Weld Assembly BBQ, Pipe Weld
EQUIPMENT: Manual and Semi-Automatic Welding Equipment
The Welder - Level 2 has primary responsibility for safely and accurately booth welding complex steel, aluminum and stainless-steel products according to established standards. These products include pipes, flat metal and flanges and require significantly more steps to weld.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interprets blueprints, complex drawings, diagrams, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- MIG Welds flat, cylindrical, or irregular parts that may be clamped otherwise positioned.
- Requires the ability to operate manual wire feed welders and automatic welder to produce quality welds utilizing the appropriate welding wire, heat, arc, speed, depth and bead size of weld for the weld requirement.
- Welds overlapping edges of positioned components to fabricate sheet metal assembled part, such as, heat shields, edges (nipples) to converters.
- Turns and presses controls, such as cranks, knobs, and buttons to adjust and activate welding process.
- Ensures the exhaust vent in on, adjust angles of the welding gun as needed.
- Adjusts rotary wheels, adjust the speed settings needed.
- Performs and records work and rework where applicable.
- Examines metal product or assemblies to ensure specifications are met.
- Must be able to weld accurately and at a pace that meets the designated quality and output standards.
- Observes Lockout-tag out.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EXPERTISE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or (GED) and /or Industrial School Certified. (Preferred)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in welding industry with skills in both MIG welding and fabrication.
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings and blueprints.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication and division.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
- Requires ability to respond quickly to priority changes and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work, and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must adhere to safety standards and wear the correct PPE as specified for the job, inclusive of steel toed shoes, hearing protection and welding gear.
- Repetitive work and long periods of standing, bending, twisting or lifting, need physical stamina and strength.
- Must be able to lift, load, unload, push, and pull parts weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to work hours as assigned, with the probability of overtime during the week and on Saturdays.
- Must be able to work in the summer heat and winter cold.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
AP Emissions Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law for an individual who falls within the jurisdiction of such law. Applicants who require an accommodation throughout the application and interview process should request this in advance by contacting AP Emissions Technologies at 919-580-2000.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
There are 3 ways to apply for this position. Choose One.
- Online: Fill out this online application. APPLY NOW
- Email: Send Your Resume or Download Application, fill out, and email as an attachment to HRRecruiter@apexhaust.com with the Position Title on the Subject line of the email.
- In Person: Pick Up and Drop Off completed application with Security Guard at the front gate.
We are located at:
AP Exhaust Technologies
300 Dixie Trail
Goldsboro, NC 27530